Spud Keyboard and Mouse Detection Software Plug-in for HS3
This software plug-in is designed to allow HomeSeer systems to detect any mouse or keyboard activity on a local or remote computer. It sets a device status to "On" as soon as it detects a mouse movement/click or a key stroke on the keyboard, and it sets it back to "Off" after X seconds of inactivity, where X is configurable. It is also capable of detecting keyboard shortcuts to trigger events.
- Detects mouse and keyboard activity on any local or remote PC.
- Detect keyboard shortcuts to trigger events
- Possibility to install and run the plug-in on any windows PC
- Configurable inactivity delay for each instance of the plugin
One possible use for this plugin is to detect occupancy or lack of occupancy in a room. For example I have the client installed on my desktop PC and HomeSeer configured to turn on the lights in this room as soon as I move the mouse, and turn them off after 3 minutes of inactivity (no mouse movement/click or key stroke during 3 minutes).
The plugin can be installed on any Windows PC and run as a remote plugin instance.
- Software License Codes
- HomeSeer HS3 or HS3PRO
- Compatible with Windows only
Related Links (Photos / Videos / Diagrams / Forms)
We Also Recommend